Colombo is the capital of Sri Lanka which is located in south asia. It has a rich colonial heritage. The city is beautiful place to spend a couple of days just relaxing, indulging in the local food and leisure activities.
Top 3 places to visit in Colombo
1. Gangaramaya Temple
It is one of the most important Buddhist temple in Colombo. The temple architecture and design is the fusion of Chinese, Indian and Thai elements. The tangle carvings on the doors and walls of the temple are remarkable. It is not only the place of Buddhist Worship but it is also the center of learning, old peoples homes, vocational school and an orphanage.
• Timings :- 5:30 am to 10:00 pm
• Price :- LKR 200 per person
• Location :- Gangaramaya Temple, 61 Sri Jinarathana Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Distance from Colombo bus stand :- 4 km
• Entire tour time required :- 45 minutes
• Hotels :- Residence by Uga Escapes
Hilton Colombo Residences
2. Galle Face Green
It is an urban park in Colombo. Being the central point of the city, Galle Face Green also has a lot of fun things that you can catch up on, through the day.
1. Watch the sun set
Where: 56 Colombo- Galle Main Rd, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
2. Eat your heart out at the Galle Face Green Night Market
Where: Nanas, Galle Face Dr, Colombo 00300, Sri Lanka.
3. Visit the Galle Face Hotel
Where: 2 Galle Rd, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
4. Visit the iconic Galle fort
Where: Galle 80000, Sri Lanka.
• Galle Face Green beach visiting hours :- 9 am to 6 pm
3. Independence Square
Independence Square is a popular stopping place on a city tour so visitors can walk around the structure or relax in the shade of the avenue of mango trees. Close to the Square is the Arcade, a modern shopping mall.
• Where :- Independence Square, Colombo 00700, Sri Lanka
• Timings :- open 24 hours
• Entry fee :- No entry fee
Disclaimer: Jagriti Blogs claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on Jagriti blogs, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist, or photographer.